Sunday, January 18, 2009

Faith and Fitness

What an awesome day. We went to a church meeting called Stake Conference and it was so refreshing and buoyant. I admit, I really like attending Church Meetings, time consuming as it may be. After we came home we read some scriptures together that talk about building a personal relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. There is no more important relationship to me. With all of the insanity and craziness in this life, nothing would seem right without that one relationship.

A good friend lost her 16 year old daughter in a skiing accident just a few days ago. This woman is an amazing mother and faithful woman. Her daughter hit a tree and was found by the father. After being rushed to the hospital in a coma that night, she passed away the next morning. I can't imagine the long list of "What ifs" that have seiged the thoughts of this woman and her family members. These are humble, good folk who are living right. My heart breaks to think what it would feel like to lose a child. It is unfathomable to me.

One of the speakers today mentioned that she recently lost a young grandchild to brain cancer. She said that through faith, we can find the miracle in otherwise horrible situations. Heavenly Father wants so much to help us find peace and meaning in terrible things. I can't completely convey the beautiful message she shared, but it gave me great peace. Without the knowledge of eternally unified families, how destitute death would seem! And yet, the scriptures teach that no righteous person shall die in vain.

Wrongs will be made right, and peace will be had by the innocent and righteous. Our loving Father truly does not want us to suffer one ounce more than is absolutely necessary, although the reason for that suffering is often unclear to us. Our just God will make right every wrong. It is that knowledge that gives me comfort in the loss of this dear young friend.

On a lighter note, I realized that in my attempts to meet the rigorous fitness plan I failed to count calories and was still feeling hungry. Out of the roughly 1500 calories I was supposed to eat today, I barely cracked 1000. Let's just say that I felt fully justified in taking a second breakfast tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails