Friday, November 27, 2009

On the Lighter Side . . .


After eating badly, it's always nice to go for a healthy meal, healthy for those who eat turkey, that is. One of my fave Bistros does a similar sand year 'round. Here's my low cal version:
You'll need:
*Orowheat Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins (try Costco)
*Leftover turkey breast
*Fat Free Philly Cream Cheese
*Cranbevvie Light (see below)
Toast sandwich thins (100 cals! Half of regular sandwich)
Spread one side with cream cheese, the other with Cranbevvies, add turkey breast, enjoy for under 200 cals!
Cranbevvie Light:
Boil 1 cup water
Add 1/8-1/4 cup sucralose
Add 1 bag fresh cranberries til they pop
Remove from heat
Dissolve .3 oz box sugar free cherry jello into hot cran mix
Set up overnight in fridge (Cranbevvie leaded version starts with 1 cup water, 2 cups sugar, regular cherry jello)
For those vegetarians out there, broil some big fat slices of Yam in the oven with some Kosher salt 'til tender, and use that instead of the turkey!
The day before Thanksgiving, I put up Christmas lights. It was a beautiful, sunny day, and being outside was the ideal scenario. Late last night C and I went for a looong stroll around the neighborhood, and when we turned the corner to our house, there were the fabulous lights decked out along our fence and four of our apple trees glistening in the night. Maybe they will deter the deer this year from eating the apple tree bark! Now I have some Computer Science homework to rush through, but I can honestly say I have enjoyed myself. I hope your holiday was likewise beneficial for your heart and soul. What did you do during your holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails