Friday, December 17, 2010

2AM

If I don't go back to bed and snuggle up to my best buddy, I will not only feel sleep deprived tomorrow, I will also feel like my emotional cup is empty. Snuggles are like battery rechargers for the heart. Don't leave home without one.

I worked yesterday for 11 or 12 hours. Actually, that's not true. I worked for 13 hours: starting at 8:00 AM and ending at 9:00 PM. I know it's bad when the entire building goes dark because everyone is gone, and then the cleaning crew comes through.

Fortunately I had a stash of 3 Trio bars in my office, otherwise I would have starved. I ate a very healthy but light breakfast of an egg atop a bed of fresh spinach with salsa on top, some celery and PB for a snack, and a light salad for lunch. I went to bed hungry, but I couldn't give in to those fist-size chocolates on the counter. Still, 970 calories left me wanting a huge, naughty hamburger, and I finally made C turn off Man vs. Food because I kept saying, "Del Taco. Hmmm. I want some nachos. How about Wingers?"

 I am beginning to think that my job is the Rx for a workaholic. I am also beginning to realize as this conference gets closer that exercise is no longer an option, it's a necessity to remove enough tension so that I can sleep at night. Obviously I did not work out yesterday, but then I would be REALLY hungry now.

Well, I need to go cuddle back up to my sleeping recharger. I hope you manage to get more sleep than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails