Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Market Meanderings

Photobucket


It isn't the Space Needle that makes Seattle special, but somehow it stands as this monument to a place I adore. It isn't because of some Meg Ryan movie, or because of one place or event. It's the place my man loves. It's where he lets down his hair and is completely at home. It's a place where we always find a bit of magic together, just the two of us, and where we just enjoy being together, no matter what we are doing.
Photobucket


Sure, I am a foodie. I guess that's why I love the market. I love the bright colors,
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Unique people...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Incredible fresh fish...
Photobucket


Photobucket


The produce...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Delectable cheeses and crumpets...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Adorable hats that I would be tempted to buy for my baby girls if they hadn't been out of the bunny ones...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Funny T-shirts...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Strange stores that carry things like the largest collection of Castile soaps I have ever seen,
Photobucket


Strange concoctions in brown mayonnaise bottles,  
Photobucket


...and things like this: 
Photobucket


We had to eat some Ivars at the pier, because the seagulls MUST be fed french fries. And for dessert? 
Photobucket


You guessed it. The best huckleberry ice cream in the world from Steamers. I am pleased to announce that this trip, one cone did the trick. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad you guys got to enjoy this trip! I thought about you a few weeks ago when Jeremy had to go to Seattle for a business trip. It was his first time being there, and he was just as amazed by it as you are. And he fell in love with it, too. He hasn't stopped talking about it. He visited the market, took pictures of gigantic flowers and then presented the pictures to me as a bouquet when he got home again. (Aww.) He recorded strange street performers, and everything was exactly the way you had described it in your post a few weeks ago.

    I'm ready for my trip there, now! :-)

    ReplyDelete

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails