Sunday, July 5, 2009

Role Reversal

When we were first married I was always taking on something new, and C would constantly tell me to relax. While I still manage my time like it is the most precious commodity on the planet, I am now the one encouraging him to slow down and relax.

As we left for our holiday retreat, C was still busily checking things off of his list. After checking in to our room, we started walking around the resort, and collapsed on the grass a stones' throw away from our room. We stayed there for some time before heading into our cozy little room. I think that is the longest we have both stayed still for the past three months.

This was the first time we stayed at our retreat in the summer, and it was quite delightful. After chilling for the evening with some tasty fudge and a good movie, we went to bed reasonably early. I woke bright and early the next morning at 9:30 to get in my Jillian workout. We ate a lunch of Chicken Marsala with cranberry and wild rice salad in our room, and then enjoyed a couple of games of life-sized chess and a quilting show, followed by some amazing coconut gelato. C won both rounds of chess, but I just enjoyed the vision of future games on our own board.

Dinner was spectacular with grilled teriyaki Mahi Mahi and smoked beef brisket, and some of the sweetest white corn I have had in years. We learned a little more about each other, and went on many strolls around the beautiful property. We enjoyed romantic kisses in a secluded gazebo and while watching fireworks over the golf course, and planned for a business that C is excited about starting. It was a fun, albeit, uneventful weekend away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails