Friday, February 25, 2011

Retreat!

Photobucket
A little sunshine and ice was on the menu for a getaway. See more ice structures here.
 Photobucket
We then warmed up at a quaint little cafe that I hunted down on Urban Spoon.
Photobucket
I had a whole wheat bagel sandwich with egg, roasted mushroom, and bell peppers. Photobucket
Maybe next time we will dive into one of their oven baked pizzas!
Photobucket
I had a near miss at the bakery with these gold leaf beauties, and instead opted for some gelato.
Photobucket
C creamed me in a game of chess, but I still had a great time watching the funny faces he made while he strategized my defeat.
Photobucket
The mountains were aflame with the setting sun as we drove back from our retreat.
Photobucket
While C visited a bike shop to locate his next bike purchase, I wandered into a lapidary store, but it was not what I expected. The shop owner said, "You know when your girlfriend comes over and starts handling your rocks and she gets all of this negative energy all over them, and you think, 'Great! now my rocks have all of this negative energy on them and I have to clean them!' Well, all you have to do is touch it to another rock like this... and they're clean again! That's all it takes! Just like this long!" 


Yep. It was a man, too. I hastily mentioned that I needed to go meet back up with my hubby.  
Photobucket
Among all of the beautiful bikes, and he decides he wants this one:
Photobucket
How long do you think it'll take for him to finish the triathalon on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails