Saturday, October 30, 2010

Replay of a Sugarless Halloween

Photobucket
The pattern follows that springtime is the great motivating factor for fitness, summertime is the epitome of fitness, but once the Halloween candy storms the castle, the winter fluff abounds. Last year, for the first time, we swore off the candy. C thought I was a little crazy, but it went off rather well. The kids loved something different and new. We threw in a few fruit snacks to boot, but all-in-all, the prize buckets went over splendidly. It really is a selfish endeavor, I must admit. I only buy candy on very rare occasions, but when you have an open bucket of treats sitting there for weeks, and left-overs to boot, chances are that those little Almond Joys and Twix bars are going to find their way into your salivating mouth.

I once worked in a restaurant that served free peanuts. Someone told me that one peanut per day over a year's time added up to five lbs of weight. I stopped eating peanuts and was in amazing shape the whole time I worked there. I guess that tiny choice mentality stuck with me, even though I am not perfect in my eating habits. Here's to another candy-free Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails