Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nigh and Nether Story Problem

I have two offices I work from. The nigh office is 15 minutes from home, while the nether office is...X minutes from home. The variable X depends upon many factors.

A. If it is snowy or the roads are icy, add 15-45 minutes.

B. If a fellow driver is negligent or a vehicle fails to operate within the scope of its assigned parameters, add 15-60 minutes.

C. If you leave home by 7:00 AM or later, add 15-20 minutes.

If you leave home by 6:30, typically X = 44 minutes. On the return trip, if you leave between 4-4:20, then X = 45-55 minutes, except with factors A and B, with similar results. Factor D (heretofore not mentioned) includes holidays and Fridays, in which case, you must leave no later than 3:30 in order to maintain the lowest value of X.

Needless to say, I prefer the nigh office. Today I worked from the nigh office. This means I wake with my alarm, and hit snooze about 10-15 times and finally crawl out of bed at 7:30ish, throw on some clothes and walk out the door fifteen minutes later. It's almost like a vacation! Is it apparent that I have been programming like crazy for the past few weeks? What's that? You say it is running over into my writing? That's possible, I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails