Friday, August 13, 2010

I Feel Like I Have Given Birth

After a month and a half of madness, today was the press release for the new conference I have been working on. Perhaps some other time I will recount the agonizing effort exerted in meeting the deadlines, but our target audience was excited and chomping at the bit to advertise for us. C patiently let me listen in to the announcement on my phone while we ate a lovely patio lunch in Seattle, and at the end of the call, one of our media sources asked if they could post the news immediately rather than waiting for the 3:00 PM embargo. Our painstaking efforts to complete the website, call for papers, sponsorships, press release, and other materials paid off today. There is still so much left to do, however, I feel that this conference will be a great benefit to marry two fields of expertise. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails