Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pikes Place Market

We spent a day at the market, examining and sampling the wares.
 I was first introduced to lychees by a Laotian friend when I was fifteen.
This was the fateful location where I became addicted to Bistro Blends. 
The crowds were unusually thick at Pike's place, much to C's displeasure.
When C saw this sign, gave me a squeeze and said, "You're already mine!"
The produce was delectable in every way. 
We settled for some peaches, lychees and Rainier cherries.
I found out that I am addicted to White Truffle Cream. Given these prices, I could go broke eating it.
We found the perfect store for my Cookie monster! 
I fell victim to one of the classic blunders: The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well known is this: 'Never go in against Turkish Delight when a sugar coma is on the line.'"
For someone who almost never eats sugar, I was flying high after only four pieces (one peach, one orange, one rose, and one raspberry).
I can honestly say that I have never seen someone pulling a stuffed dog around on a FedEx box before. 
And I am not sure how he carted this piano down to the curb, but he was very talented.
We found some fun dishes. I don't think I ever tire of seeing beautiful creations like these.
This one reminded me of a good friend in a good way.
Afterward we drove down by the pier and found the reason for the bloated market crowds...
This enormous cruise ship made Noah's Ark seem very feasible.

Who knows, someday maybe we will live here...

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love markets like that! And I fell in love with lychees when I stayed in Costa Rica for a while as a 17-year old... great find! :)

    ReplyDelete

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails