Thursday, August 19, 2010

Room with a View


Last night we stayed in a lovely oceanfront property in Tacoma, and planned a trip to Whidbey Island where we had our first kiss. We stopped at Pikes' Place to buy some fruit, a big cookie, some jalapeño jam, and a rhubarb tart at the French Bakery. Marrakesh kindly made me a Bastille Royale three hours before they opened, which I ate while we wandered the Olympic Sculpture Gardens.

After wandering through some very unusual and contemplative pieces, C started jumping up and down with excitement and pointing.

"I know this one! I have encountered it in landfills, usually filled with bullet holes! At last, something I recognize!"
True to form, it was titled Washer, Dryer, and Stereo Console. We continued on, and C kindly offered his services to take some photos for me. Can you guess which ones are his?
If you guessed #2, 3, 5, 6, and 8, you are correct. C is actually a much better photographer than I am. How many husbands ask, "Would you like this framed in Western style, or perhaps... yes, I think these blades are the most interesting part of this piece for me."
He took several shots of the depth of field shot on the ship hulls before he felt it was just right. What a great guy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are having such a fun trip! Your house is safely standing but we miss you.

    ReplyDelete

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails