Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Manicured

The most interesting people work at my salon. I am pretty sure that every female stylist there is a size zero. It's just an observation. What else are you supposed to do while you sit under a dryer waiting for your color to bake? I don't think I was ever a size zero, but then, I don't think I would ever want to be a zero. :) My stylist did an outstanding job once again. I never thought I would love going to the salon, but I am converted. This place doesn't offer a haircut, it offers an experience.
Photobucket
One of the other stylists there had Yanni-long hair, a beard that was so manicured that it looked like he'd used a straight-edge and a level to define it, waxed eyebrows, and that doesn't even touch the fashion element. I said to him, "You are an excellent example of male grooming." I think he found that quite flattering, but I was just being honest. Just to be clear, he was straight.

I am surrounded by reasonably well-kept men in the work environment. For the most part, I would say that the men with whom I work care more for their appearance than the women - as a whole, that is. I have seen women who are full-figured who look amazingly polished, so I am inclined to believe that size isn't the primary care factor involved in defining a polished look. Male or female, there's something classy about someone who is well groomed.

Speaking of well groomed, if you can handle the truth, here is how my foot is doing:
Photobucket
This is when it was unwrapped for the first time five days ago. No infection, but plenty of swelling and bruising (and some permanent marker and iodine).
Photobucket
This is today. Still swollen and bruised, but doing better. I squeezed it into a boot today and then rued that decision for the rest of the day. It was the first time I realized how swollen it still was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails