Thursday, November 4, 2010

Record Breaker

C is required to take a fitness test with his work. It isn't terribly restrictive, however, C is a highly competitive fellow. The test involves several items including standing jumps, push-ups, sit-ups, and running. Rather than just running the mile and a half within the allotted fourteen to fifteen minutes, C asked, "So, what's the current record."

They responded that it was nine minutes and forty-six seconds. Everyone was lined up to run. The trainer, a triathlete, announced, "I would normally be running with you, because I can usually keep up with all of the runners, but today I think there will be one of you who I can't keep up with." He finished by pointing at C.

When he crossed the finish line, he had clocked nine minutes and eleven seconds. "I should have run harder to get below nine minutes!" Nine minutes equates to six minute miles. Not too shabby, my love, especially for being the administrator in the group! I told him that next year he can break nine minute mile-and-a-halfs while he is training for the Boston.

In addition to an exciting day, C also arranged for a nice dinner with a group of old friends. It was well planned and I think everyone had an amazing time. I was proud of his party-planning skills. Everyone asked if I made the enormous chicken pot pie. With thirteen hour days this whole week to get the schedule and registration up on time, that absolutely didn't happen. You guessed it. When he asked me how he could pull off the main dish without involving me in that endeavor, I suggested Costco's pot pie. It was a hit.

Nicely done, C! I had a great time, and it was so fun to see everyone again! Keep being golden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails