Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Love/Hate You, Jillian Michaels


Dear Jillian,

First, I am not so sure about those pills that you promote, but hey, we all have our agency. Either way I would slap the first person to say that you are a fraud because your workouts rock.

I bought a pair of jeans that were too small for me last month. I brought them home and my husband said, "Er, they're a LITTLE tight!" We are honest like that in our marriage, which is pretty cool. I told him that was my evil plan to make sure I could fit into them by the end of April. I followed your book, Making the Cut last year, and Wowza, but did it work great! True to your word, ten lbs in 30 days. Not too shabby. One side effect: I suddenly was smitten with a newfound love for dijon lamb. You've ruined me for life. I crave it like chocolate. Oh, and I really learned to love fennel. Who knew that fennel was such a delightful food?

About those workouts, though. Extreme torture is the phrase that comes to mind with some of those moves. While doing them I was wearing these really expensive, built-up shoes, and blam! Plantar Fasciitis set in. All of those lunges and tweaky moves - I must have done them wrong, because I really hurt myself. My friend Kyle then suggested Vibram Five Finger shoes, and I slowly eased into the minimalist shoe world. All of those crazy workouts you do are so much easier in VFFs, and I don't hurt myself as easily. Just thought you'd like to know.

This year I bought the 30 day shred on iTunes. I can totally work out using my iPhone while watching something that keeps my mind off the PAIN like...DWTS, or Lost. I have to tell you though, there are a few of those exercises that really kick my hiney. I love the pull-ups, and hanging twists, and even the plank jumps are pretty fun. Those mountain climbers and squat thrusts??!! Yowza! Not as fun. Those are the moments I am not feeling the love - just like those squats with V-flies? BURNING!

At any rate, I finally cracked into my next pound down. One more and I will be ten lbs lighter than I was in January, which is very good considering that my eating has been far from perfect. This is where I really love you, Jillian, because somehow, even an hour of running can't get the results of your 20-30 minute circuit workouts.

You preach the whole "Take time for YOU" concept, and then you make it possible to see results even without an enormous time investment (since my time is highly limited lately). You rock, even if you cause me pain and suffering, because I love the end product. Oh, and those tight jeans? Tried them on tonight and they fit pretty good already, so THANKS!!!

Love/hate/but mostly love,
A

P.S. Thanks for letting me kinda hate you when it really hurts. That's why I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails