Monday, April 12, 2010

When the BloggER Becomes the BloggED!



First let me say that this post is not intended to freak anyone out. No Creapage intended - Yes, I made that word up.

I don't claim any acreage in the realm of blogging awe and excitement, but I may have some morsel of information you will find interesting every now and again, even if that morsel is not wolf spiders or tide pools. If you are a blogger, or even a business owner, I think you just might find this one exciting.

At approximately 12:01 every night, the tally of my day's visitors is prepared into a lovely report and map, showing me who visited my blog, how long they visited, and if they are a repeat visitor or not. Now, we are not talking about me seeing exactly who you are, but we are talking about seeing the state that you come from. For example, I can see that I have visitors to my blog from Russia, Australia, Hawaii, Colorado, Indiana, Utah, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, California, Idaho, Washington, and Ohio to name a few. Welcome, by the way!

I wish I could say that this is because I have some corner on the technology market or something, but here is the key: Google Analytics. You just use your Google Account to sign in, enter your blog address, copy some html code right into your blog (click Dashboard or Customize, then html, then do a ctrl + f to find the closing "body" tag), and you are rip-rarin' to go!

I love that Analytics shows me that almost everyone who visits my blog is a complete stranger - I love that! So welcome, and if you want to see who is visiting your blog, too... Well, now you know what to do! ( Or ask me! I will help! nixiao{at}comcast{dot}net)

1 comment:

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails