Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Update

We made a late run to the store tonight to stock up on shirts for C. I JUST missed the shot of this guy balancing on one foot on the edge of the ladder...

Just a quick update, since my studies are shouting at the door. Came home to a COMPLETELY missing driveway. All of it, even the new stuff that they poured yesterday.
At least it will match from the sidewalk to the street, thanks to some misplaced hammer drilling. I offered the fellows doing the last of the work two bottles of water each, and a couple of Cokes and Larabars after practicing my Spanish on them. They were most grateful. For the food and drinks, that is, and not so much for my broken Spanish.

I attended some meetings at work and shared my very strange dream about work with my manager, at the end of which I simply said to her (in the dream, that is), "I don't want to live here anymore." I guess that is because in my heart both she and I know that I have already decided that I want to do something different, perhaps working with the Marketing team. We shall see.

The marketing VP spoke to me today and again confirmed that he would love to have me on his team. I told him that I only wanted to move if I could report directly to him. He said he would see what he can do, and should know by the end of the week. In the meantime, I am still in limbo, in limbo. There are options and they are all up in the air. The instructional design team said they wanted me too. It's very strange visiting different groups and saying, "I want to do something different. If I choose you, how would you use me?"

What would you do if you had your choice of any job, and why?

2 comments:

  1. Hands down, I'd be a doctor.

    Surprised? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a surprise, but I would love to know what kind! :D

    ReplyDelete

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails