Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Lake of Salt, and Spires of Stone

I was cleaning off my SD card, and thought I would post a few Christmas images from a visit to Salt Lake City, Utah. The text/photo settings have been a little off lately in my posts, I am sorry to admit. In addition to shots of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, the Roof Restaurant's life-size nutcrackers, and Salt Lake Temple, notice the large tree to the left of the temple in one of the shots. It is a Cedar of Lebanon, often mentioned in the scriptures as a symbol of human strength or pride. It is also mentioned in the New Testament when a man falls out of one of these lofty trees. They only light it every other year and this year it is lit in brilliant red:









No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails