Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Rock and the Jellie Roll

C works out at the gym ALMOST every night. He is the guy pounding the treadmill so hard that you think it will shake to pieces. He's never hard to spot. He is not the guy you sidle up to and wonder who will last longer or who will run faster. When he finishes his workout, you look at him and wonder if he took a quick dip in the pool when you weren't looking. He's all man, and he's all mine :).
I, on the other hand, am all about efficiency. If I can get away with doing two things at once, by golly, I will do it! The new bike is book-rack-less. This is problematic, however, it IS possible to balance a book between the handle bars with some finesse.

The elliptical is easy money when it comes to reading. It comes with a nice rack (no pun intended there) and the display is so narrow, a headband works nicely as a page holder.

With all of this multi-tasking, I must sound pretty spectacular! Not really.

Case in point:

Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones video. I have only ever done Jillian workouts via a book, which is abusive enough, but the videos show you how each exercise SHOULD be done. When you are doing those circuits correctly, well, let's just say the next day EVERYTHING hurts. Last night I abused my body once again by doing a Jillian, during which C asked me a question. My loving response? "You are not allowed to speak to me during a Jillian."

And there you have it. So much for multi-tasking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails