Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Little More LEAN, Please...

When C came home I was chilling in the hammock with Kawi, who had just been trying to scare off those very frightening and dangerous butterflies that seem to have cropped up everywhere overnight. Impressively, Kawi didn't seem to mind the baby dove who stopped by to listen to his performance of Der Hölle Rache.

What it's supposed to sound like...

Kawi's version:

I suggested we go for a motorcycle ride, and perhaps stop by for a salmon slider or two. I donned my baby blue jacket...
And my boots...
And we were off, Go-Go-Power Rangers!
Yours truly...
I thought I would take a few pics along the way...
We had planned on eating outside, but there was a thirty year reunion going on. I did a quick scan to see if the  lady in the green shirt was there, but no dice. It was the wrong school, but would have made for an interesting ending to the story...
Soon we were off again. Something a tiny bit sad about a flag at half-mast for the 4th, but then, that is the honorable beauty of it as well, I suppose...
We picked our canyon destination and headed off into the mountains.
And I started to wonder if I need a faster camera to keep up with C's bike...
C tapped my leg so I could catch the odometer changing to 22222...
Here's where I had to hold tight, and where I leaned in close to C as we move like one through the winding green canyon, slicing through the stillness 'til the wind roars past us, licking at our helmets. The sweet smell of holiday campfires filled our nostrils,  along with the occasional whiff of not so sweet road carrion to remind us that we are not encased in metal and glass. It all comes to you, the smells, the sounds, the sights. We passed trucks pulling well-stocked campers, and saw their puppies pressing wet noses against glass windows to peer at us whizzing by. 


We watched the towering rock cliffs and trees fade into silhouettes as the sun settled into bed for the night, while we rode off into the dusty rose sunset to our own delicious habitation.  

Tiny little fact: Did you know that I write my blogs for a variety of readers? Some love lots of pictures, but don't we all? For them I have some posts with lots of pics and/or videos, like this one. I also have my treasure-box blog, Whose-its, a happy place with lots of fun things to look at. Some readers like words that paint pictures, and some like words that lift and inspire. Some readers are just busy, and so I include the large text so that someone may get the jist of my post in ten seconds or less, but I don't often include the more in depth stuff in large text. 
What types of posts do you love most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails