Wednesday, October 7, 2009

1050???

So, last night I was reading in a biggest loser book that anyone under 150 lbs who wants to lose weight should eat only 1050 cals per day. While I am reasonably cautious with my calorie consumption, I must admit that 1400-1500 is more in my ballpark. I thought 1300 sounded hard! Granted, that doesn't take into account calories you burn with exercise, but really! I have been trying to figure this one out. To reach my weight goal by my birthday, not too far away, I can't pound pavement madly, so I have to be cautious with my food (so much for my very tasty trip to Seattle - but it was worth it.)

For breakfast I ate a carb master blackberry yogurt and 1/4 cup of nuts and dried fruits. For lunch I enjoyed an egg-white scramble with Chanterelle mushrooms, 2 oz of crumbled pepper-smoked salmon, and onions, and a plum for dessert. Quite nice, I must admit. For a snack, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries with Splenda, and for dinner, an artichoke, 1/2 cup of wild rice, grilled shrimp and green beans.

On a less shallow topic, I have to admit my recent trip to Seattle was a very interesting one from the perspective of national safety. As you might have read over a week ago on BBC, the recent bombing in close proximity to Saudi Prince Mohammed Bin Nayef was discovered to be caused by a bomb located INSIDE of the suicide bomber.

So, while walking through the airport security points, I thought, right. This is REALLY helpful! Metal inside of the body is undetectable by standard equipment being used by airport security, so one of these days, instead of running your luggage and shoes through that x-ray, it just might be you on that conveyor belt. My long-distance bicyclist friend who recently crashed and had a permanent stainless steel plate installed on his collarbone could really have fun with that one. Shortly after his accident, he texted me and said, "I guess I shouldn't go around saying that I'm 'the bomb.'" Truly.

Investment tip? The demand for x-rays could really skyrocket in the upcoming years.

2 comments:

  1. What book is that? NO one should be on a 1000 calorie diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That just doesn't seem like enough calories to keep you alive. Of course, that's from someone who hasn't been on the right side of a goal weight in about 6 years (except when pregnant and the goal was to GAIN. THAT was a goal I really got behind.).

    ReplyDelete

You may also want to read:

Related Posts with Thumbnails